Using the most advanced dental technology possible is just as important as staying up to date on the latest treatment techniques. Because our practice is dedicated to providing your child with the safest and most convenient treatment options available, we utilize advanced digital X-ray technology in our office.
Is a digital X-ray really safer?
Because we care about your child’s bodily health and well-being, we believe that reducing the amount of radiation exposure is extremely important. Although the amount of radiation used in dental X-rays is very small, the effect is cumulative, so all radiation counts. Digital X-rays can reduce your child’s exposure to radiation by up to 80 percent!
What are the advantages of digital X-rays?
- We want your little one to be as comfortable as possible during their appointment, and digital X-rays eliminate the need to bite down on a sharp piece of film encased in plastic.
- There is no need to wait for the X-ray film to be developed before it can be viewed, so the entire checkup can be a lot shorter.
- The digital images can be enlarged and manipulated, giving the doctor a clear, more detailed look at your child’s teeth.
- Because your child can see the image enlarged on a screen, they can better understand why taking care of her teeth is important.
- It’s better for the earth! There is no need to use harmful chemicals to process film.
Laser Dentistry with Solea®
No More Shots! - A Change for the Happier
Now available to you, Solea is a powerful dental laser that replaces the dental drill in the majority of procedures in our practice. It causes virtually no pain, vibration, or noise. In fact, nearly every patient skips anesthesia because they just don’t need it. Solea is our way of keeping your child happy. Because more than anything, we love to see them smile.
What is Solea?
Solea is the first CO2 dental laser system cleared by the FDA for hard and soft tissue procedures. It was developed in Boston, Massachusetts by Convergent Dental, based on research conducted at the University of California School of Dentistry. Solea offers a unique wavelength guided by sophisticated computers to deliver virtually painless dental procedures for both teeth and gums from simple cavities to complex surgeries. The experience is so unique that your child will find it hard to believe they were just at a dental appointment.
DIAGNODENT Caries Detection
Our advanced laser technology empowers us to detect potential problems earlier, and thereby avoid bigger problems in the future. The DIAGNOdent Caries Detection System is now available as a diagnostic tool and we longer have to “pick” at a tooth with an explorer to diagnose a cavity.
The laser provides a numeric readout of enamel and dentin density and allows our team to determine the presence of hidden caries objectively in a way that was previously not possible until they were much larger. This allows us to restore teeth with smaller, stronger, more conservative fillings that are not only less expensive, but last much longer.
It is also much easier for your child to have a small restoration placed rather than allowing the cavity to progress to something that is more difficult to restore.